Are you BJE’s new Business Manager?
We have an exciting opportunity for a highly organised, forward thinking, financially oriented and confident individual for the role of Business Manager reporting directly to the CEO.
The NSW Board of Jewish Education (BJE) is a not-for-profit organisation providing quality Jewish education to children in state and non-Jewish private schools. BJE strives to foster a positive sense of Jewish identity in our youth, leading to them becoming involved and active members of the Jewish community.
The purpose of the Business Manager post is to:
- Provide financial direction and leadership on a day-to-day basis including relevant Board reporting
- Assist the CEO and senior staff with budgeting aspect for the implementation and development of the BJE strategy
- Provide commercial/business leadership to support BJE programs and activities
- Ensure all BJE policies and practices are legally compliant
- Manage the transactional aspects of parent engagement, such as financial assistance, payment plans etc.
- Have oversight of the day-to-day operations in the office to ensure BJE’s organisational effectiveness and efficiency.
- Tertiary qualification in business/commerce or accounting or technology
- Strategic thinking and commercial judgment
- Strong organisational and administrative skills
- Stakeholder relationship and written/oral communication skills
- Financial management experience
- Sound IT systems and database experience
- Passion for community organisations and/or school education
- Leadership skills (including staff management and effective time management)
- Advanced computer skills (word processing and spreadsheet programs)
- Team player with a ‘can do’ attitude.
- Similar role in school environment
- Accounting expertise
This is an exciting opportunity to join a dynamic and professional team. You will be rewarded with a sense of purpose, supportive & caring colleagues, nurturing working environment and feeling valued.
This part time position of 30.4 hours p.w. (equivalent to 4 days) has flexible days and work hours, parking on site, as well as some additional Jewish Holidays.
If you meet our requirements and would like to apply for this incredible opportunity, kindly submit your letter of application and attach your resume, outlining your relevant skills and experience (in PDF or Word format only) to CEO@bje.nsw.edu.au by 29 August 2018.
Please note that only shortlisted applicants will be contacted.
Part time position – 30.4 hours p.w. (equivalent of 4 days)
For further information, please see our advertisement at Seek