BJE currently has 2 office positions available:
- Non-Profit Jewish Education, with an Innovative & Passionate Team
- Support the CEO to implement BJE’s new strategy
- Full Time Position
The Business Manager should have excellent strategic, financial and leadership skills and will be a major contributor to BJE’s new strategy.
We have an exciting opportunity for a highly organised, forward thinking, financially experienced and confident individual for the role of Business Manager to work closely with the CEO and head of departments.
BJE’s new strategy is to provide NSW Jewish students in non-Jewish primary and high schools with an inspiring, relevant, meaningful and inclusive Jewish Journey.
BJE’s Jewish Journey is anchored in:
- developing Jewish friendship networks;
- preparing for the rite of passage to Jewish adulthood (bar and bat mitzvah-ready);
- preparing for and participating in the BJE Israel program; and
- fostering leadership skills based on Jewish values, in particular, the acceptance of personal responsibility and making a difference through meaningful community service involvement.
BJE is looking to significantly grow its program offerings in accordance with the new strategy. This is an exceptional opportunity to design, develop and manage a financial model that will deliver on the new strategy, manage the budget and financials on an ongoing basis, and support the rest of the executive team to implement change.
The purpose of the Business Manager post is to:
- Provide financial direction and leadership on a day-to-day basis including relevant Board reporting.
- Develop a financial model for BJE, which supports the CEO and the Board to make strategic decisions on the implementation of its new strategy.
- Lead BJE in the budgeting and financial management of the implementation and development of the BJE strategy.
- Provide commercial/business leadership to support BJE programs and activities.
- Ensure all BJE policies and practices are legally compliant.
- Manage the transactional aspects of parent engagement, such as financial assistance, payment plans etc.
- Have oversight of the day-to-day operations in the office to ensure BJE’s organisational effectiveness and efficiency.
- Tertiary qualification in business/commerce or accounting
- Financial management experience – including modelling and financial reporting at Board level.
- Strategic thinking and commercial judgment.
- Strong organisational and administrative skills.
- Leadership skills (including staff management and effective time management).
- Stakeholder relationship and written/oral communication skills.
- Experience in overseeing the management of IT systems and databases
- Compliance and governance (or related) experience
A passion for Jewish communal involvement and/or Jewish education is desirable but not essential.
This is an exciting opportunity to join a dynamic and professional team. Help us make a difference in the lives of Jewish children in the community with your expertise.
This is a full-time position however the BJE is prepared to permit flexible working hours.
How to Apply
If you meet our requirements and would like to apply for this incredible opportunity, kindly submit your letter of application and attach your resume, outlining your relevant skills and experience (in PDF or Word format only) to CEO@bje.nsw.edu.au by 18 November 2019 .
Duties & responsibilities
Strategic input and financial management (60% of role)
- Provide strategic input to the CEO and support business planning and strategy.
- Develop a financial model that enables the implementation of the new strategy.
- Develop and monitor the BJE draft budget.
- Develop business cases for new programs and other initiatives.
- Report on financial performance, position and cashflow to the CEO and the Board.
- Oversee the preparation of the BJE’s financial accounts.
- Report on BJE’s operational performance to the CEO and the Board.
- Support the CEO in preparation of funding submissions including JCA allocations, Government Grants etc.
- Manage the end-to-end financial processes of BJE, including liaising with customers, suppliers/service providers and financial advisors/auditors where needed.
Governance, compliance and contract negotiation (20% of role)
- Manage BJE’s compliance obligations – including legal, HR, WH&S, privacy.
- Maintain BJE’s policies and ensure they are compliant.
- Maintain BJE’s insurances.
- Manage the operational relationship with the external legal counsel.
- Prepare and manage provider tenders and quotations for goods and services required by BJE.
- Work with the executive team to support negotiating and managing contracts with third parties.
Office Management (20% of role)
- Mange and supervise the following staff: bookkeeper, database officer, administrative assistant and website coordinator as well as all aspects of customer interface.
- Manage building security and maintenance.
- Manage the information and technology systems – including physical infrastructure, databases, system integration and Cloud services (with support from external providers).
- Manage collection of fees and payments to suppliers.
- Manage the day-to-day operations in the office to ensure BJE’s organisational effectiveness and efficiency. May include some hands-on tasks.
- Other duties as requested by the CEO.
We also have a position available for a full-time Social Program Coordinator