Position Vacant – Digital Marketing and PR Coordinator
BJE is hiring a Digital Marketing and PR Coordinator- this is a new and exciting role (initial 6 month contract). A wonderful environment to work in – come join us!
For more information about this position and how to apply for it, please see our advertisement at Seek.
In addition to a small office staff, BJE employs a number of teachers to work in assorted schools around NSW, but principally in the Sydney metropolitan region.
TEACHING SCRIPTURE AND EXTENSION
Teaching for BJE not only provides a source of income but it allows you to ‘give back’ to the NSW Jewish community. Hours and days are flexible to suit your needs and payment is commensurate with any unqualified casual teaching position. Teaching for BJE provides you with fulfillment, and the best thing is that BJE requires you to have no formal teaching experience. BJE will provide the curriculum and training. We do expect that you be punctual to your classes and enjoy motivating and inspiring primary aged students. For a more detailed list of responsibilities for a BJE teacher, please see below.
We are particularly interested in youth movement leaders, university students, school leavers (above 18 years of age) and mums wanting to re-enter the workforce.
‘Scripture’ (SRE) teachers at BJE uphold the following standards:
- hold a Working with Children (WWC) certification and have successfully completed online WWC training.
- have completed a prefessional development session.
- initial observation of SRE classes and Practicum.
- comply with the procedures and standards set out in the BJE Teacher’s Manual which includes policies, procedures, Code of Conduct, WH&S, and Child Development Milestones.
- lessons are based on professional curricula developed and supplied by BJE.
- only BJE-approved curricula and materials are to be used in class.
- allow periodic observation of classes by senior BJE staff.
- participate in ongoing professional development sessions as provided by BJE.
- In addition, mentoring and classroom support is available to our teachers.
- supplementary professional development for BJE teachers is available online.
BJE is also on the lookout for Hebrew teachers. We require qualified teachers who are proficient in the Hebrew language. All pay is commensurate with the teachers award and we try to fit into your daily timetable.
TRAINING AND PROFESSIONAL DEVELOPMENT FOR TEACHERS
BJE provides child protection and classroom management training together with other appropriate professional development for all teachers. Participating in such training is compulsory for BJE teachers; sessions are held at least twice a year, and sometimes more frequently. Please contact our Office for details of when the next training session will be held.
If you may be interested in teaching for BJE, please contact our CEO, Hilit Man – we would love to hear from you.