Your Privacy is Important to Us
BJE is bound by the National Privacy Principles.
If at any time BJE is required by law to release information about you or your organisation, BJE will cooperate fully.
What Sort Of Information Does BJE Collect?
BJE collects personal information about you (“the Information”) in the following ways:
- When you register as a student online, apply to become a member, request certain services or products, make a donation to BJE or otherwise contact or do business with BJE.
- Other personal information may be collected from enrolment forms, telephone calls, faxes, e-mails, letters sent by students or parents, members and other contacts of BJE and from subscription forms.
What Happens if you do not Provide the Information?
If you do not provide the information required, you may not be able to receive the information or service you requested by the method you have requested.
How is your Information Used by BJE?
BJE collects the information to provide you with a specific service. For example, we may use the information you provide us to process an enrolment application, process a membership renewal, update your details and profile information, fulfil an order or request for information or service and send you information on relevant BJE services, training and events, communicate with you on any issues relevant to your membership or transactions with BJE.
Who Does BJE Disclose Personal Information to?
- BJE will not sell, trade or otherwise supply to third parties any personal information obtained from you without your consent.
- BJE will provide only such information as is required to suppliers and business partners to enable a particular service to be fulfilled.
- BJE develops aggregate (i.e. not individual) reports, which incorporate some of the information received. The reports are for use by our business partners, stakeholders or by BJE to review statistics or analyse trends. However, these reports do not include any personally identifiable information.
How Will BJE Keep your Personal Information Secure?
BJE has security measures designed to protect against the loss, misuse and/or alteration of the information under its control. These security measures include:
- Firewalls – to prevent hacking of our database
- Clauses in employee agreements requiring confidentiality and training on the importance of the Privacy Legislation.
- Appropriate security access to BJE premises.
- The use of passwords for access to database information and the use of security levels within the database to ensure that staff only access the information required to perform their duties.
- A shredder for the disposal of written information.
Correcting and Updating your Profile
You can change or update personal information by advising us of changes via telephone, fax, e-mail or letter.